Pages

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Day 2: No Raw Food Detox Symptoms



Today is day two of my raw food challenge and I am feeling light and vibrant. A word to the wise, however: It doesn't always work this way. The first time I went completely raw (a year ago) I had terrible headaches and irritability, even after transitioning*. After three days, all was well and I was on my way toward live enzyme bliss. Even though I enjoyed the occasional cooked meal, I didn't experience the symptoms of that first shift to raw. I ate about 75% raw and felt healthier than I had in a long time.  


What I now realize is that every time I ate cooked food I was taking away from progress made. Eating cooked foods made my body work harder on digestion, taking away precious energy that could have been spent on cleaning and repairing cells.  I expected that eating mostly raw would preclude all sickness, yet I still got the flu last winter and a cold here and there.  


It will be very telling to observe the changes in my body's ability to care for itself when it is not presented with foods that create much work, but, rather, receives raw, organic food that can be easily put to use aiding immune function and all organs.  

That said, and upon the recommendation of my friend Ann, I am going to set up a physical with an M.D.  I'll use that data as a starting point from which I'll track my progress.  


Question: Have you ever gone raw? What symptoms did you experience and was it worth it?! 


*If you are looking online for a transition program and can't find one you like, I recommend Natalia Rose's book The Raw Food Detox Diet.



No comments:

Post a Comment