Pages

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Raw Food in Santa Cruz: Another Delicious Day



An energizing green smoothie of organic strawberries, peaches, and spinach began a sunny day in Santa Cruz. 




It was just the thing to keep us satisfied while we browsed one of the boundless farmers markets of this lush city. Josh picked up fresh sashimi which he turned into a gourmet platter of tastiness with sprinkles of salt and pepper and his own asian style dipping sauce. Needless to say, the buttery texture of fish right out of the sea melted in my mouth. Paired with the cracked pepper and sauce, it made for an amazing dining experience.  

Meanwhile, Bridget had gathered up vegetables to complement the contents of her Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) basket.* She transformed the colorful array of produce into a veggie-loaded salad which she tossed with Neo Classic Rice Vinaigrette. Fresh-from-the-farm Romaine and crunchy morsels of intensely flavored radishes, peppers, and spring onions made this salad an indulgence. 



I'm thrilled to chalk up another satisfying and delicious raw day, the 37th one of my journey. I have no complaints and, in fact, I'm enjoying food more than ever before. The vivid flavors are magnetic and irresistible. And, now that I've made it over the detox transition hump, I'm able to enjoy all the benefits of this lifestyle effortlessly.


*Of note is that another member of Bridget's CSA ate an organic chicken, which is sometimes included in the weekly basket, in the raw! I only eat raw fish. But, if I did eat chicken, that's probably the freshest one I could get without raising it myself.


Question: Has anyone else had meat included in their CSA?


No comments:

Post a Comment