Pages

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Day 10 of Raw Food Challenge

Today is day 10 of my Raw Food Challenge. It occurred to me that this is the longest I've ever gone without cooked food. Things definitely feel different. My diet used to be like a pendulum, perpetually swinging between raw and cooked meals. I have noticed the absence of the swing to the latter in these last few days. I'm not hungry. If anything, I'm the opposite due the hefty portions one can allow eating raw food. What I feel are cravings. The desire to inhale a good margherita pasta. Thoughts of crispy potatoes with ketchup in morning. How can this be, when I haven't thought of anything but green juice in the morning for the past year? 


I, personally, conjecture that the present overtaking of my healthy cravings for wholesome food is some sort of "next level" symptom of transitioning to an all raw diet. (After all, it couldn't have been this easy:) My body was accustomed to much raw food but also expected those roasted, fried, grilled, or boiled meals every couple of days. Now that it hasn't had them there is rebellion. 


I have a list of things I need to do about this. But, first things first: Raw Macaroni and Cheese for dinner tonight! Thank goodness for all those gourmet raw chefs* out there who are going to make this challenge easier for me. Once satiated I'll check out some articles on transitional cravings and report back. I'll also be reporting soon on my visit with the doctor about meeting nutritional needs.


More recipes and pictures to follow. In the meantime, I wish you all the joy of finding the raw version of your favorite dish.




Question: What do you do to push through cravings for unhealthy foods?




*Raw cookbooks from gourmet chefs:


No comments:

Post a Comment