Pages

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Cleaning out the Fridge: Liquid Golden Elixir Cole Slaw

Liquid Golden Elixir Cole Slaw
This week has been a particularly cleansing one, personally speaking, and now my refrigerator is getting cleaned out as well. I'm daring to be creative in using up the fruit and vegetables that will go bad in the ten days I'll be gone.

I put two and two together by combining a lone baggie of chopped cabbage and some 2-day-old Liquid Golden Elixir. I should mention that Liquid Golden Elixir is the best salad dressing I have ever tasted. It is amazing with any variety of greens, and keeps in the refrigerator for at least a week.

The two new partners in tastiness marinated together overnight and were a delicious presentation the next day with the addition of raisins and walnuts. Voila! A  delicious cole slaw is born! One that happens to be a healthy, filling (thank you, walnuts) traveling snack, as well.

I am inwardly smiling about having an alternative to typical "on-the-road" food.

In three days I'll be posting snapshots of the best raw food in San Francisco, St. Helena wine country, and San Diego. Stay tuned and stay happy.   

No comments:

Post a Comment